A voyage to another planet goes catastrophically awry, and we find ourselves desperately trying to reach our escape pod to save our skins. Why does it always end up being so hard to boldly go where no escapist has gone before?
- Location: Margate
- Players: 2 to 8
- We played: October 2019 as a team of 2
Great things about Spacescape
- Spacescape has an effective structure, with a clear storyline steering you towards a final objective. Each task takes you a step closer to the ultimate goal, and an on-theme clue mechanism is built into the game.
- This game features a nice range of engaging puzzles, including a couple of interesting twists on common puzzle types. To keep you on your toes, it also has side tasks that need urgent attention every now and then, and some players have specific roles to perform at these moments – a feature that we thought would work well to keep everyone involved in a bigger team.
- Spacescape will keep you giggling with its irreverent humour, as long as you can stomach jokes about digestive bodily functions (pun regretfully intended).
- Although the final goal of the game is known from the start, the way it was executed surprised us and had us end the game smiling.
On the other hand…
- There are some small spaces and some crawling around is required, which might be more arduous than fun for some players.
Who should try this room?
While we think Spacescape might suit a medium-sized group better than a pair, it was very enjoyable for a two, and groups of all sizes will have a great time and be well-looked-after by CTRL ALT ESC’s excellent staff.
Rating – 8/10
Leave a Reply